Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis

The Eden Eternal guild of awesome individuals.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Videogame Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Persephone
Goreface
Goreface
Persephone

Videogame Thread Empty
PostSubject: Videogame Thread   Videogame Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Who likes video games? I know I do!
And I would hope that you did too since you're here....

Anyway, I declare a video game thread. Post some videos of your favourite games. You can either post the video, or - if there's alot - use the [url=][/url] tags.

I'll start off with my favourite genre of games: Survival Horror/Macabre.

(dot).Flow - A Yume Nikki fangame that explores the more violent aspects of its mother game. It follows the same basic premise (enter flow>explore>find effects>shit bricks>wake up>save game>rinse/repeat) only you use a computer instead of falling asleep.

Random Gameplay Video

Rule of Rose - Oh goodness this game. It's delicious. A real experience I say. Oh and if you live in North America or Australia, sorry: the game was banned there. Anyway, it's about a group of (slutty) little girls who call themselves "The Aristocrat Club" and they totally ruin your life.

Trailer

Which - A very short, simple, game made by an artist. It's very weird.... but haunting at the same time. SYMBOLISM. SYMBOLISM EVERYWHERE. P.S. You can play it in 3d.

Trailer

Pathologic - Made by a Russian game company, you play between 3 different characters as you try to rescue a small Russian village from a mysterious plague! It sounds simple, but oh my god, it isn't. Trust me. You must make decisions that could turn the villagers against you, and as you play through the game, the death count just keeps raising and it makes you feel like CRAP. Wonderful game though. However the English translation is really.... rough. And latter int he game it gets to the point where you almost can't play because you can't figure out what-the-fuck they're trying to tell you to do. Did I mention that there is A LOT of reading? Oh well. It's still fantastic.

Trailer. It's weird.

Fatal Frame - If you have never heard of the series, I should probably just slap you right now. It's my third favourite series in the genre and if you call yourself a horror gamer, you simply must have them in your collection. They provide hours of fun, puzzles, and ghosties and the stories are always so interesting. Anyway, grab your Camera Obscura and start taking some pictures!

JAPANESE TRAILER FOR THE 4TH GAME! IT'S SO GOOD OH MAN
Confined crawl-spaces, and ghosts with no concept of "Personal Space", Oh My!

Penumbra - This is probably one the most excellently executed horror series ever made. Oh my goodness. I rarely ever get actually scared by game, but oh man, this. This. This. It makes me feel so helpless and lame. It's filled with annoying puzzles that make you think in ways you wouldn't usually, and the monsters are quite.... well you don't ever want to see one. You're basically thrown in and play through the game with no way to defend yourself, so you sneak around some crazy cave/lab in Greenland and try to figure out what-the-fuck is happening? NOTE: If you're offended by zombie penises, I would play the second game with caution.

Trailer for Penumbra: Black Plague - The second game.

Oh and if you like Penumbra, I suggest you look up Amenisa: The Dark Descent. It's by the same company and it's fucking horrifyinggggg.

So. Everyone. Show us some videos of your favourite games!

OH YEAH. I FORGOT. If you guys like Let's Plays, look up Mangaminx. She's the Queen of LPs and plays exclusively horror games.
Her YT channel

EDIT/// IFORGOT. SILENT HILL GUYS. 1-4. MY FAVOURITE GAMES OF ALL TIME. THERE HAPPY?

Last edited by Dependence on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zadun
Noble
Noble
Zadun

Videogame Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame Thread   Videogame Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:00 pm

That is one big wall of text alright. O.o
Back to top Go down
Persephone
Goreface
Goreface
Persephone

Videogame Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame Thread   Videogame Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:05 pm

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE stairs WALL MAN.
Back to top Go down
angelogamer
Robot Unicorn
Robot Unicorn
angelogamer

Videogame Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame Thread   Videogame Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:20 pm

I wanna play Pathologic and (dot).flow
Back to top Go down
Persephone
Goreface
Goreface
Persephone

Videogame Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame Thread   Videogame Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:23 pm

angelogamer wrote:
I wanna play Pathologic and (dot).flow

You can download .Flow at Uboachan. Just find the thread in /fg/.
Back to top Go down
Mayakanai65
Captain
Captain
Mayakanai65

Videogame Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame Thread   Videogame Thread Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Well, my favorite genre of video games is RPGs (which makes sense xD)

My favorite RPG of all time: Chrono Trigger. The Plot. The Characters. The graphics(for its time). Everything. is amazing about this game. Theres two versions for the game: SNES and DS. Both are absolutely amazing games and I really recommend playing them.

OMG I ALMOST FORGOT.

THE MUSIC. The music is... indescribable. Every song has its own distinct style and really fits with the situation thats going on. Plus I cant tell you how many times Ive gotten its songs stuck in my head...

EDIT: well, thats all im gonna do for now. Im too lazy to put anything else xD

Last edited by Mayakanai65 on Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to put something xD)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mayakanai65
Falconbeta
Recruit
Recruit
Falconbeta

Videogame Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame Thread   Videogame Thread Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:00 am

I am A big Video Game Music Addict, and a game that has Great music is CABAL online Very Happy
the game is alright, but I love the music. So i well post a links to my Top 10 songs, followed by a description - Please Listen ^^ (they're not ordered by my preference)

AL
This song used to play in every "mission dungeon" of the game, but later they decided to add different tracks, since you would end up listening to the same song 100+ times through out the story quests of the game

FORT RUINA
This is the map theme for a level 65+ map. the map is a is a post apocalyptic wasteland with Cyborg animals as the enemies.

1ST BATTLE
This song is just awesome, this music plays during Mission war (PVP) and it starts when ever you get close to an enemy.

UNDEAD GROUND
This is the map theme for a level 85+ map called Undead Ground. The map is a Giant frozen graveyard with ghosts and the Frozen Tower of the Undead in the middle (dungeon)

STEAMER CRAZY
This is a Dungeon theme for a solo dungeon. It takes place on a train going down a tunnel, and you have to make your way to the end and destroy the engines (boss)

CATACOMB OF FROST
This is a Dungeon theme for a solo dungeon. You're inside a Frozen Catacomb and you have to invistigate what happen to the people who had gone missing. The place is filled with ghosts and zombies.

FORGOTTEN TEMPLE
This is a dungeon theme for the Forgotten Temple B1F. It is awesome, and it's one of the actual songs of the video game's composer (Novasonic) Here is a version with Lyrics (almost every song in the game has a version with lyrics)

FORBIDDEN ISLAND
This is a high level dungeon theme, as the title says. you're in a forbidden island Very Happy

PORTA INFERNO
This is the theme of the last map in the game. Level 160+ If I remember. YOUR IN HELL

ENDING
Long song, but its the Ending theme of the game. It plays when you are done with the Story quests.

So yeah that's my cabal online list, YOU GUYS better listen - this took me a long time to put together Sad
Back to top Go down
Falconbeta
Recruit
Recruit
Falconbeta

Videogame Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame Thread   Videogame Thread Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:07 am

and just to include some high level gameplay of the game
here is a video of someone leveling in Porta Inferno
Back to top Go down
Persephone
Goreface
Goreface
Persephone

Videogame Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame Thread   Videogame Thread Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:02 pm

I would just like to post this game I found on Newgrounds. It is so... irritating... but wonderful at the same time.

I love the art and music. Plus it's a clever idea IMO.

Tower of Heaven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Videogame Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videogame Thread   Videogame Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Videogame Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Genesis :: Media :: Media-
Jump to: